Thursday, July 30, 2009

Penultimate

Penultimate is the word that the CEO taught me today. It means second to last. He told me this because today was my second to last day at Nationwide Medical.

This doesn't seem like the perfect forum for this, but I feel unbalanced right now and I just need to write it down where someone else can read it. This place is safe because some of my facebook friends work with me at Nationwide. I'm fairly certain that if one of my co workers was going to be attending SFTS as well, i would have heard about it by now.

As I neared the end of my time at Nationwide, I realized I could not leave without telling the owner and the CEO that my boss was a less than perfect manager. Actually, everyone in my department was counting on me to say something because they were to scared to do it themselves. My original plan was to write a letter and give it to them when I went back in two weeks to pick up my last pay stub.

But, they took me out to lunch today and asked me how I felt about how the department was doing. So, I told them about my boss. A month ago, I was really angry with her and decided that I was basically going to ensure that she got fired when I left. She's been pretty much leaving me alone lately, so my anger lost its edge, and when I was talking to them, I think I made her sound not so bad.

It's not that I really wanted to get her fired, but I almost feel like I let everyone down. The CEO and the owner still want me to write the letter. She might not get fired after all, but hopefully they'll talk to her and hopefully she'll change.

Why do I feel so weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment